Fire rips through Rachael Ray’s home; Ray, husband and dog are ‘safe’

Celebrity chef Rachael Ray and her husband John Cusimano were not harmed after a fire roared through their upstate New York home Sunday night.

“Thanks for the concern. Rachael, her husband and their dog Bella are safe,” Ray’s representative Charlie Dougiello told USA TODAY in a statement. “The house is unfortunately damaged and we don’t yet know to what extent. “

Firefighters rushed to Ray’s Lake Luzerne, N.Y. home on Chuckwagon Trail, about an hour north of Albany, at around 8 p.m. Sunday night. Sheriff Jim LaFarr told TV station KRQE that there were no injuries.

Photos from the scene show flames fully engulfing the home and shooting out the roof.

Ray was born in nearby Glen Falls and is 1986 graduate of Lake George High School. She has owned the house since 2013 and has been filming episodes of the “Rachael Ray Show” in the home kitchen during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“There ain’t a lot of hair and make-up going on here, so it’s a different kind of intimacy that I think we’ve established with our viewers and honestly it feels good,” Ray told WNYT-TV in Albany on May 1, adding that she had upgraded the home internet to allow for Zoom broadcasts with theshow’s guests.

Just hours before the fire, Ray shared photos on Instagram of elaborate spreads of food, including smoked filet mignon subs, which were enjoyed for dinner.

Continue reading at USA Today